Get the Support You Deserve
One of the best ways to get management support is to submit a formal proposal to your direct supervisor, outlining the facility benefits of attending the conference.
- First, determine if your facility has a formal professional development policy, form, and/or designated amounts for employees
- Second, review the daily schedule for the conference to identify the educational sessions and networking events that address the specific needs within your facility
- Third, begin preparing your proposal. Here are some talking points to help you along:
Why Should You Attend?
Psych Congress NP Institute is the only conference of its kind, created specifically for nurse practitioners in the psychiatry field to gain the foundational psychopharmacology education they need to provide the highest standard of care.
No other mental health education conference provides this level of focused education.
Continuing Education Credits
HMP Education is an approved continuing education provider for Psych Congress NP Institute.
This meeting is accredited for psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nurses with on-demand access, which is included with your registration.
Top Benefits of Attendance
- More than 30 educational activities
- Lectures from world-class researchers and dynamic speakers
- Late-breaking research in mental health
- The opportunity to learn about emerging innovations and technologies that can improve patient outcomes
Ideas for Overcoming Objections to Your Request
This conference is too expensive.
- NP Institute registration fees are reasonable given the value of the education, networking opportunities provided, and transformational knowledge I will gain.
What will the organization gain from your attendance?
Show in your proposal, through examples, how the conference provides the following:
- New ideas, strategies, or techniques that will positively impact your organization's ability to care for patients or improve outcomes
- Access to educational programming (data, practices, and techniques) that can be brought back to the organization (all attendees receive access to all session slides)
- Opportunities for relationship building with experts, colleagues, referral sources, and product and service providers
How to Create a Successful Proposal
Make your proposal more powerful by including the following:
- A schedule of sessions you will attend and why the knowledge gained will be valuable to your practice
- A list of your organization's goals and objectives, and how they relate to the corresponding educational sessions
- A list of areas where your company faces challenges, and how the sessions offered at Psych Congress NP Institute will help you develop solutions to meet those needs
- The cost of registration